How to Track a Phone and Recover Deleted Messaging App Data
It is highly likely that if you stumbled upon this article, you have probably accidentally erased some crucial messages and are currently attempting to recover them.
Unlike emails that are deleted and sent to the recycle bin, deleted messages are harder to recover because they are marked to be overwritten with new data. Nevertheless, there is a cell phone tracker application, XNSPY that allows access to recent and deleted messages. In this article, I will show you how and why you may need to recover your deleted messages.
Why Would You Want to Recover Deleted Messages?
Every person nowadays considers having a cell phone a necessity in this rapidly expanding world of technology. Calls, texts, emails, and instant messaging apps help keep in touch. However, for many reasons, text messages can be lost or erased.
They could be deleted accidentally or on purpose. The factors could be recent updates to the device, the phone’s irregular date, location, and time settings, an outdated app, or the result of a virus on a phone that corrupts the files and data.
Although these issues come from human error and possible malware installation, there are other pressing reasons too. Parents concerned about their children’s safety and security will want to look at their kids’ phones the minute they suspect something is off.
Children have a habit of deleting messages or hiding them from their parents. In this case, using a cell phone tracking app such as XNSPY can help them see the data stored on their kids’ phones, even if it has been erased.
Similarly, employers may benefit from using XNSPY if they fear their employees are engaging in misconduct or leaking confidential data to competitors. They can spy on messages that the culprit may have deleted to cover their tracks.
What is XNSPY?
It is a smartphone monitoring app that runs on iOS and Android smartphones. By transforming any smartphone into a powerful surveillance device, the app tracks the data by uploading it to a web-based portal that you can access at any time.
It has some interesting features such as geofencing, call records, Wi-Fi tracking, text message viewing, and instant messaging. You can track phone activity, including anything deleted, in real-time.
Xnspy is an app that fulfills its purpose by secretly tracking and reporting activity carried out on the target device. The target phone’s operations are unaffected as this app discreetly runs in the background.
Xnspy does not interfere with the continuing operations of the phone on which it is installed, in contrast to other spy apps in the market. Installing it is undoubtedly simple and takes only a few minutes.
Some of Xnspy’s most prominent features are:
- Phone Call Monitoring
- Monitoring of Text Messages
- Email Monitoring
- Real-time Alerts
- Remote Commands
- Location Tracking
- Control of Installed Apps
Where spying on text messages is concerned, XNSPY gives a complete insight into the target phone’s activities through real-time monitoring. How?
- Users can get a complete record of messages, both sent and received with their date and time stamps, as well as the names and numbers of the sender and receiver for each text.
- Users can set alerts for messages by adding words to the three watch lists.
- Users can get the geo-tag with each text and find the exact location of the message sender and receiver when a particular message was sent or received.
- Users can view and retrieve deleted messages.
How to Install and Use XNSPY?
A step-by-step guide on how to install XNSPY on iOS and Android devices:
- Subscribe to XNSPY by choosing a plan of your choice.
- You will get instructions on how to set up iCloud backup on the iPhone you want to access, the activation code, and the login information.
- To log in to your dashboard, you will enter the credentials sent to you via email.
- The dashboard will show you all the devices linked to that iCloud account.
- Select the device you want to monitor.
- Click Finish to save the settings.
- You can monitor everything on the device in real-time.
- Select a subscription plan on the XNSPY website.
- You will receive an email containing the download URL, an activation code, credentials for your web account, and an installation guide.
- You would need physical access to the target phone to install the app. Using the download URL, install the app and add the activation code. The process will be over in a few minutes.
- After this, Xnspy will require 24 hours to gather data from the target device and sync it to your web account.
- After 24 hours, you can access your web account from your PC by opening https://cp.xnspy.com/ in your browser and entering your login credentials to access your Xnspy dashboard.
- You can start monitoring the target device from your online dashboard. You will see a menu on your left-hand side from where you can choose to see anything you like from the phone, whether it is text messages, phone logs, photos, location, or even IMs.
The only difference is that for an iOS device, you will need the Apple ID and password of the target device. While for an Android device, you will need to have one-time physical access to the device. Screenshots of the steps involved will clarify the instructions mentioned above.
How Can You Restore Deleted Messages Through XNSPY?
If the owner of the monitored device deletes something from their phone, you will still be able to retrieve that information from your web account. Xnspy will create its backup and upload it into your web account, so restoring deleted messages will not be an issue.
Once you have installed the app, viewing deleted messages is quick. I will show you how to recover deleted messaging app data from your dashboard on Android and iPhone devices.
View Deleted Messaging App Data on Android Devices
On your dashboard, you will see the active devices. Select the one you want to spy on.
In your left-hand corner, you will see a drop-down menu. To retrieve deleted messages, you will click on Data Export. You can save a CSV file with whichever module you want to gain insight into. You can select the module and time according to whichever data you require. Other data that you can save in the CSV file include call history, web browsing history, and locations.
XNSPY has a screen recording feature whereby the app periodically takes screenshots of popular IM apps used on the target device. With the recordings in real-time, you can track the official conversations that took place on any instant messaging app, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Kik, and Tinder.
This screen recorder app for Android smartphones comes in handy since the screenshots are taken every 5 minutes automatically and can show users the record for any deleted messages.
To get a record of deleted messages, click on Phone Logs and select Text Messages.
View Deleted Messaging App Data on iPhones
Select the iPhone device you wish to track from the dashboard.
In your left-hand corner, you will see the dashboard menu. Find Data Export. Click on it. You can select text messages or any other module you want.
For the social media chats, click on Messenger under the dashboard drop-down menu. You can view chats from iMessage and WhatsApp.
Under Phone Logs, you will find an option to view text messages. Click on that to see all the deleted chats.
There are multiple tracking apps for cell phones. They can help you keep track of instant messenger conversations even if you erase them from your device. I found XNSPY a reliable monitoring software for protecting data and personal information.
The app starts working as soon as it gets synced with the device. Because I wanted to see if it is easy to restore deleted messages, I found XNSPY worth all the acclaim it gets. The control panel made it easy to walk through different kinds of data in an organized format. I could see all the sent and received messages and their contact information, dates, and timestamps.
XNSPY boasts a variety of features that I have mentioned only briefly. However, I recommend this app to those looking for a safe, legal, and reliable smartphone tracking tool. You can keep track of your data, including deleted contacts, photos, videos, and chats. Even if you accidentally or intentionally delete messaging app data, XNSPY will have saved a copy for you to view later and retrieve all the erased messages.