YouTube is a platform with millions of video content that so many people are watching daily. There is a chance that you’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube in the last 24 hours. I watch a lot of YouTube music videos myself.
A playlist is one thing you’ll commonly find on YouTube, and this playlist can be music videos, web series, anime episodes, and many more. One big challenge that everyone who is a fan of YouTube content faces is that the order of the videos is always from the newest to the oldest. And not everyone likes this arrangement.
This kind of organization by YouTube results in newer episodes of the web series you’re watching play before the older ones, making the auto-play feature pointless. You’ll then have to click on each episode to watch, which is quite inconvenient.
In this article, I’ll discuss ways to help avoid this problem, which begs the question I will answer in just a moment. Please read on to learn.
Is It Possible To Play YouTube Playlists In Reverse Order?
For a long time, YouTube users have been requesting for reverse YouTube feature. Many people want this feature as there are thousands of comments on YouTube’s website demanding the ability to reverse playlists which have all fallen to deaf ears.
Although YouTube has not acted on users’ requests, there are third-party tools you can use to reverse playlists on YouTube.
You can use different ways to reverse a playlist on YouTube or watch a playlist in reverse order. I highlight the various tricks below to help you reverse your playlists on YouTube. Continue reading to learn how.
How To Reverse A YouTube Playlist In PC
There are many browser extensions available on the internet and are compatible with YouTube and can quickly reverse the YouTube playlist and help you play it properly as you want it.
The common browsers for this purpose are Improve for YouTube and Iridium for YouTube. You only have to install any of these browsers on your PC and use them to reverse your playlist on YouTube.
Please don’t fret. I’ll show you how to go about this process. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and search for a Chrome web store.
- Next, type one of the extensions (Iridium for YouTube or Improve for YouTube) in the search box and press ENTER.
- After that, you click on “Add to Chrome” You will then get a pop-up click on “Add extension” Doing this will add the extension you selected to the browser.
- Open YouTube and play a video you selected from a playlist.
- On your right side, next to your playlist contents, is a reverse button. Click on it.
- Playlist videos will now play in a reverse manner.
Iridium For YouTube Extension
This add-on gives you more freedom and provides you with extra functionalities as you watch videos on YouTube. And it’s only compatible with the new YouTube material layout. If you are using a classic YouTube material layout, you can change it using this link.
Iridium For YouTube’s Features
- This extension forces the dark theme mode to either enable or disable. This change comes to effect throughout all the YouTube pages open.
- Displays quick controls below the video player to quickly set the option you want. But at the moment, “play video automatically” is the only option available. You must reload the YouTube page for the modifications to take effect if the page was already open.
- Allow automatic video playback in the playlist and the channel page. However, it is not related to YouTube’s Auto-Play Next Video feature.
- The max thumbnail resolution will display when the play videos automatically feature turned off. For those videos that don’t have a max thumbnail resolution, a default thumbnail comes to effect.
- Allow HFR (high frame rate) – 30+fps streams. Restart the video for this change to take effect if it was already open before this settings’ modification.
- Allow the extension to save its settings or synced and shared the extension’s settings across Firefox browsers where you’ve signed in and “sync add-on” enabled in your Firefox account settings preferences.
- Show a button on the top right corner of the YouTube page that opens the extension button for users. This happens where the browser setup is minimalist and doesn’t show a toolbar.
Improve For YouTube Extension
This extension improves your experience on YouTube much better and saves you a lot of clicks and time. It does many things, from outfitting YouTube’s website with better layout options and controls to blocking comments, ads, unwanted recommendations, and many more.
Improve For YouTube’s Features
- General – Includes toggles that you can use to change basic behaviours such as changing thumbnail appearance, marking watched videos, changing default landing page, and many more.
- Theme – This allows you to apply personalized YouTube themes, change the colours and font sizes.
- Appearance – This is a visual customization menu that lets you rearrange almost every element of YouTube’s website. For instance, you can remove the “related videos” section and hide the comments.
- The Player – Player menu enables the user to customize the video player and adjust the default YouTube audio and video quality. There are even more controls like the loop, playback speed, rotate video buttons, and screenshots.
- Analyzer – Lets you collect your YouTube data usage.
- Blacklist – The menu allows you to block specific videos or even the entire channel.
- Playlist – This menu lets you change auto-play behaviours and the default playlist.
- Shortcuts – The menu allows you to modify or add keyboard shortcuts for controlling the YouTube website.
- Channel – This menu enables you to change what you see when you open a particular channel.
How To Reverse A YouTube Playlist In Android
If you are not the creator of the playlist you want to watch in reverse order, this method is for you. There are third-party applications available on the internet that you can use for your YouTube playlist online.
Even though some are shady and cannot be trusted, the ones I’ll mention here are safe to use. I recommend you use Playbackloop.com in this process to guarantee success and safety.
Below are the steps on how you are going to use this method on your android phone.
- Open your browser on your android device and visit the playbackloop.com website.
- Open YouTube on a new tab and copy the link of the YouTube playlist you want to reverse.
- Go back to the Playbackloop.com website, paste the link on the search bar, and tap on the search button.
- A new tab will pop up that contains all your playlist’s videos.
- There is an option available at the top to order your playlist according to your liking. The available options are: Newest first, oldest first, title, and playlist order. Please select the options according to your requirement, and the playlist will automatically rearrange itself.
How To Reverse A YouTube Playlist In iPhone
If you are the playlist creator, i.e., the playlist whose order of watching you want to reverse is your creation, you can make changes using playlist settings. This method is not for you if you are not the owner of the playlist’s contents.
To change the chronological order of your YouTube playlist, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your iPhone and go to the playlist you wish to reverse its order.
- Tap on the three dots below the playlist name and tap the playlist settings.
- On the playlist settings options, there is an advanced settings option; Tap on it.
- A new window will pop up. A drop-down menu of options of orders you can change into will appear.
- Choose the order according to how you want to watch/play the playlist and tap on it.
- Touch the save button to save the changes you made. The playlist will now play according to the order of your selection.
If you are not the owner of the playlist you would like to reverse on your iPhone, you can try the following method to change the order of the playlist according to your liking. Please follow the steps below.
- Open the Chrome browser on your iPhone and search for a Chrome web store.
- Install software; either Iridium for YouTube or Improve for YouTube
- Open the YouTube application and play a video you selected from a playlist.
- On your right side, next to your playlist contents, is a reverse button. Tap on it.
- Playlist videos will now play in a reverse manner.
The Bottom Line
You had no way for reversing a YouTube playlist to now having the above possible methods you can use to rearrange your YouTube to the correct order. I hope you can now watch your YouTube series in the correct chronological order.
More than just reversing the YouTube playlist, you can now enjoy more useful and exciting features using the extensions I mentioned above. YouTube couldn’t be any more fun with these methods of improving the user experience available currently.