How To Send Money From Zelle To Cash App in 2022?
Zelle and Cash App are mobile banking applications that allow you to transfer money almost anywhere you want while offering minimal transfer fees and fast transaction time. However there are so many controversies when it comes to sending money from Zelle to Cash App or vice versa which leads us to the question- “can you transfer money from Zelle to Cash App?”
By linking your bank account to your Zelle and Cash App, you can send money from Zelle to Cash App. Although this method doesn’t mean Zelle and Cash app can be connected for seamless transactions, this is just a hack that allows you move your money from Zelle to Cash App.
I will explore the step-by-step process, guiding you through sending your cash successfully from your Zelle to Cash App easily. Hopefully, in the nearest future, we’d see an upgrade that gets these two applications working together seamlessly.
Does Zelle Work With Cash App?
In terms of simplified money transfer processes, Cash App and Zelle have a seamless process to getting money anywhere you want. Cash App is only available in the United States and only allows payments within the country while Zelle is used to transfer money within the country. Both applications are used by customers with different aims in mind hence the reason why Zelle doesn’t work with Cash App.
Although Cash App works seamlessly with other mobile banking and payment applications that include Google pay, Apple Pay, and PayPal, the difference with Zelle is Cash App doesn’t work with it except used with a linked bank account.
One of the presumed reasons why Zelle isn’t compatible with Cash App is due to the mobile banking application not providing customers with a digital wallet to store received money. If money is sent to you through a Zelle account, you will receive the money directly in your linked bank account while with Cash App, customers have the choice to receive money directly into their wallets, bank accounts, or their debit cards. In addition, if you receive money directly to your wallet, you can choose to move the money from the wallet to your linked account by using standard deposits.
The flexibility that comes with using Cash App for payment purposes is one of the reasons customers use the mobile banking application more. If you’re with cash and you’re required to make payments with a visa card, you can load up your Cash App wallet at any Walmart store to continue your payment process. Loading up your Cash App at any Walmart store costs a token but it’s worth it for a seamless process.
Cash App cards can also be connected to digital bank cardless ATMs for withdrawals, although there’s an ATM withdrawal fee. Zelle doesn’t allow cash withdrawals from ATMs because the money received is sent directly to your linked account.
These differences show how Cash App solves more customer problems than Zelle and why they do not work together. Zelle is only limited to receiving and sending money from and to a linked bank account while Cash App provides more features including a digital wallet, a digital card for seamless payments and withdrawals, and the linked bank account feature.
How To Connect Zelle To Cash App
As earlier discussed, it’s not possible to connect Zelle to Cash App directly. However, if you link a bank account to both mobile applications, you can transfer money between them. Moreso your bank must be listed as a partner on the Zelle get started page to be able to link your bank account to Zelle:
Here’s how to link your bank account to Cash App and Zelle:
Step One- Link Cash App To Your Bank Account:
The very first process once you’ve set up your Cash App is to link your Cash App to your chosen bank account. In case you haven’t set up an account, you can set it up on the website.
Part of setting up your account on Cash App needs you to link your bank account so if you have a Cash App account, then chances are you already have a linked bank account to your Cash App account.
Here’s a guide on how to add your bank account to your Cash App:
- Open the banking tab: Once you’ve opened Cash App on your mobile phone, you’ll need to open the banking tab. The button is the first button to your left at the bottom of your screen.
- Click “Linked Accounts”: Once the banking tab is opened, you’ll see 3 different options that include the “LINKED ACCOUNTS” button. Click on it. In here you’ll find all the bank accounts you’ve linked.
- Tap the “LINK BANK” button: Click on “LINK BANK”. Once clicked, Cash App will take you through the process of adding your bank. You’ll need to have the following information beforehand to fill and follow the prompts accurately- The name and address associated with the account, your routing number and account number, and your social security number.
After all these processes, your bank account should be linked to your Cash App successfully.
Step 2- Link Zelle To Your Bank Account.
Zelle is popularly known as a third-party service that works with a huge number of banks. Banks even recommend Zelle if you’re sending money inter-bank for quick delivery.
Just like Cash App, setting up an account with Zelle requires adding a bank account. So chances are, if you have a Zelle account, you already have a bank account linked to it.
The following steps are how to link your bank account with Zelle:
- Search for your bank on Zelle’s “Get started” page: Navigate to Zelle’s homepage and click on “Get Started”.
- Find your bank: Search through the list of banks and choose your desired bank to link with your Zelle account.
- Connect your bank to Zelle: Once you’ve found your bank and clicked on it, you move on to press “CONTINUE TO YOUR BANK”. This will redirect you to your bank’s website to finish the setup process.
With the above steps, you’ve now linked your bank account to both Cash App and Zelle. You can now proceed to send money from Zelle to Cash App.
How To Send Money From Zelle To Cash App?
Now that you have your bank account linked to both apps, here’s how to send your funds from Zelle to Cash App:
Step 1- Transfer money from Zelle to the linked bank account:
After linking both applications to your bank account, all you have to do now is to send money to your Zelle. Once the money is sent, it goes directly into your linked bank account since Zelle receives the money directly into your bank account. The next step is to add the money to your Cash App wallet to be able to make payments easily.
Step 2- Add The Sent Funds To Your Cash App Wallet:
Once the money has been received in your bank account through Zelle, you can easily access it on Cash App. You can spend it using the Cash App card. But first, you may have to add the money to your Cash App wallet.
Here are the steps to add the money to your Cash App wallet:
- Launch Cash App on your mobile device.
- Enter your registered phone number/email to log in to the application.
- Navigate to the Banking tab on the home screen. Here you’ll see the available balance in your digital wallet.
- If your balance is low you can click on the “Add Cash” tab.
- Enter the amount you’d love to add and click on “Add”.
- After this, you’ll be asked to choose your payment method(bank account, debit card, or credit card).
- Since the money was received in your linked bank account, you’ll have to choose “Bank Account” as your payment method.
- Lastly, confirm your transaction by inputting your Cash App pin.
Now that you’ve added the funds to your Cash App wallet, you can make payments with your Cash App card or send money from your Cash App to another recipient Cash App.
Can You Use Zelle Without A Bank Account?
Zelle is a service recommended by most banks to help their customers send and receive money seamlessly instead of facing the transfer traffic of 2-days. Essentially using Zelle without a bank account is impossible because while signing up Zelle asks you to link your account with a bank account.
Hence while signing up for a Zelle account, it’s advisable to already have a bank account in order to link with your Zelle. Once linked, you can easily receive and send money using your linked account, via Zelle.
What Banks Use Zelle Cash App?
Zelle is supported by almost all the banks in the United States. They are supported by over 800 banks. Here are the most popular banks that support Zelle:
- Ally Bank
- Bank of America
- BMO Harris Bank
- Capital One
- Discover Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Pinnacle Bank
- PNC Bank
- Redwood Capital Bank
- TIAA Bank
- TD Bank
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
You can find the full list of the banks on Zelle’s Website.