Apple Pay has proven to be one of the most convenient payment methods that allow users easily complete payments anywhere using the contactless payment method. Apple Pay’s digital wallet allows users to take their credit or debit cards anywhere they want to on their phone without having to carry the cards physically and putting them at risk of losing the cards. Using Apple Pay comes with a lot of rewards from Apple, and stores that encourage users to use the NFC technology however, it’s important to know if users can get cashback with Apple Pay.
Yes, you can get cashback whenever you use Apple Pay to make payments at some stores both online and physically. Not all stores take Apple Pay and not all stores that take Apple Pay offer cashback, however, most of the stores in the US that take Apple Pay offer cashback to the digital wallet’s users.
In this piece, I’ll share more information and details about Apple Pay’s cashback. This information will help you know if you can get cashback with Apple Pay, the conditions and steps to get cashback from Apple Pay, and how much cashback you can get with Apple Pay.
Can You Get Cashback With Apple Pay?
Yes, you can get cashback with Apple Pay whenever you use apple pay to make payments at stores that offer cashback when you use the NFC-based technology. Although not all stores take Apple Pay as a payment method because it isn’t included in their store payment policies, most stores that take Apple Pay as a payment method offer some percentage of cashback as a way of encouraging users to use the technology whenever they want to make payments at their store.
Apple Pay is one of the safest, most secure, and most convenient payment methods as the digital wallet allow users to complete their payments with the contactless feature on NFC scanners available at stores.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, stores encouraged users to use the payment method as it didn’t involve any form of contact between users and other users and it provided a safe way of making payments for users. It’s also fast so users didn’t have to experience staying in long queues to complete their payments.
Since Apple Pay became widely accepted by most stores, most of these stores have collaborated with Apple to offer the digital wallet’s users some percentage of their cash back whenever they make purchases while using the payment method at their stores. This has encouraged a lot more iPhone and other Apple device users to opt in to use this payment method for their purchases online and in-store.
Depending on the total payment of an Apple Pay user in a store, the user is liable to get between 1 to 6% of their cashback. Some stores offer discounts and other rewards instead of offering cashback, however, most stores that accept Apple Pay offer cashback to users who constantly use Apple Pay as their payment method.
Cash You Get Cashback With Apple Pay At Stores?
Yes, you can get cashback with Apple Pay at stores that take Apple Pay as a payment method. However, you need to know that not all stores that take Apple Pay as a payment method offer cashback because some rather offer discounts and other rewards instead of the cashback reward.
Hence, whenever you shop at a store that uses Apple Pay, you can ask the attendant if the store offers cashback for Apple Pay users and the percentage of cashback that they offer so you’ll be able to make a better decision on using the payment method.
Most popular stores accept Apple Pay as a payment method because of the contactless payment feature. With Apple Pay, users can just walk up to the NFC scanner and place their apple device close to the scanner to complete their payment. It’s as easy, secure, and fast as that.
Most stores in the United States have integrated the payment method as one of their payment methods. However, not all the stores take Apple Pay. Some stores may not accept Apple Pay yet because the store branch hasn’t integrated the payment method so you need to be sure if a store accepts Apple Pay before you go in to make your purchase.
You can confirm this by entering the store’s name on Apple Maps and scrolling to the “things you should know” section. If the Apple Pay logo sits right there, then you can use Apple Pay at the store and the store is very likely to offer cashback to Apple Pay users. So make sure to confirm that the stores accept Apple Pay before making your purchases at the store.
How To Get Cashback From Apple Pay
There are various ways you can get cashback from Apple Pay. The following are the ways you can get cashback from Apple Pay:
- You can get cashback whenever you use a card linked to your Apple Pay to make your purchases. For example, if you have an American Express credit or debit card linked to your Apple Pay and you use Apple Pay to complete your payment, you will get some percentage cashback. Hence, whenever you use a card linked to your Apple Pay to complete your purchase, you get some percentage cashback directly sent to your Apple Pay wallet.
- You can also get cashback whenever you use your Apple Card to make your payments over the counter. In this case, you don’t need to use Apple Pay to complete your payment before getting a cashback. You can simply swipe your Apple Card at the counter and then get a percentage of cashback directly sent back to your Apple Pay wallet.
- You can also get cashback from using Apple Pay to complete online purchases from stores that accept Apple Pay as a payment method and offer cashback on purchases made on their website. Not all online stores that accept Apple Pay offers cashback as some may only offer discount and other rewards, however, this doesn’t negate the fact that some online stores offer cashback to Apple Pay users and you can get cashback when you use Apple Pay to complete your purchase on the website.
Conditions To Receive Cashback From Apple Pay
Users can get cashback if they fulfill the following conditions:
- Users’ debit cards have to be linked to an Apple Pay account or they must have an Apple Card linked to their Apple Pay account.
- If the store accepts Apple Pay and offers cashback to users who use Apple Pay as a payment method
How Much Cashback Can You Get With Apple Pay?
Although not all stores that take Apple Pay offer cashback, the stores that take Apple Pay also have a percentage of cashback they offer. This percentage may vary from store to store, however, the general range of cashback most stores offer is between 1 to 6% cashback. Consumers mostly receive a 1% cashback from their purchases generally when they pay with Apple Pay but, depending on your total payment, you may receive as high as 5 to 6% cashback on your purchase if you pay with an American Express card or use Apple Pay card to complete your payment.